Saturday, May 30, 2009

Anthropologie....

I've discovered Anthropologie.

{Insert long sigh here......}

I'd previously thought it was just a clothing store -- and since I refuse to buy clothes until I lose weight (I have plenty of skinny clothes, ah-thankyou-very-much!), I never paid attention to it. Yes - that means I've been waiting a while......and no, I'm still not motivated. Despite the holes forming in my last fitting pair of jeans...... C'est la vie!

Recently, I've been hearing around the blogosphere about the great home items coming from Anthropologie. I took a look at the website and while I was impressed with what I saw - I was a bit taken back with the prices. Truthfully, I didn't see the point of paying such high prices for something that was mass produced, vintage inspired when something similar -- the authentic version -- could be found via thrifting (and likely for much less). To me, it seemed, if you were going to pay that much, you'd look for the Authentic Version at a Vintage/Antique shop. But, that's just me. And, that was before I actually set FOOT into an Anthropologie.....

So, yesterday, after hearing about the sale on the numbered teacups, I decided it was worth it to go in to my local store and see what all the fuss was about. Oh.my.word. I have to agree that this place could be highly addicting.....They're very clever in their display & ambience. You almost feel as though you're in a vintage shop and that what you see in front of you is an Authentic, limited edition item. Surely the other 5 sitting there just like it are the last ones on Earth??!! Makes resisting temptation very, very difficult!

Their hardware really took my breath away. I must've spent 30 minutes browsing through all of the cabinet pulls, knobs and handles. I found the Snow Field Shower Curtain another blogger had previously purchased. Oh MY!! So gorgeous!!! My mind conjures up an image of an open window in a bathroom on a sunny Summer day; a quiet breeze wafting the scent of sweet honeysuckles in......

.

Then, I found the sales table...so many super cute things!! There were a few aqua lettered plates that I'm not seeing on the website - but alas - no C, K or M. Not even after looking through all 3 stacks. Several Fabric Letters that were cute - but not fitting with my decor -- and, of course, the numbered teacups. My teacups. I had to bring them home!





I made a mental note of everything I wanted to come back for (hardware!!!), picked up a set of the teacups for purchase & quickly made my way out before I found myself in all sorts of trouble.....

This morning, while I was sipping my morning coffee from my brand new #54 teacup, I decided to take a virtual tour around Target's shower curtain section. Low and Behold! I found my breezy honeysuckle shower curtain for a 1/4 of the price!!! Woo hoo!! Of course, it isn't made of Poplin, but you know....the wind coming in through my bathroom window isn't at all selective about the type of fabric it billows. ;) I'll definitely be picking this up on my next trip to Target!

Photo Credits: All images from Anthropologie.

No comments:

Post a Comment