Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lazy Weekend Music

I'm a huge fan of anything from the WWII era. Mama served as a WAC on Staten Island during WWII, and Papa (her husband) fought in Italy. There were so many pictures around the house of them in by gone days. Papa, looking quite dapper in his uniform, leaning against an old Studebaker. Mama and Papa on their wedding day. Mama in HER uniform up in Staten Island. I heard so many stories through the years. I used to love to sit on the floor and listen to Mama tell tales from her golden days. I think it's one of the things I miss most about her.

Some time ago, while out running errands, I found a radio station in my car that played 30-40 era music. Oh MY how it brought back memories. I could just close my eyes and see Mama & Papa doing their little dance and song all along with it. It brought me such happiness. I've left my car radio on that station as a nice surprise when I have to run out and run errands.

Today was a particularly nice day, and we have all of the windows open in the house. I'd just come in from running errands, had the music in my head & came in to find it on my radio. The signal was weak, so I did some searching and found it online!! Woo hoo!! Now you can listen to it, too!

WKCR 89.9 FM Columbia University


(You'll need Itunes or Real Player to play this. It doesn't work with Windows Media.)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)



Update: Looks like the Benny Goodman Marathon ended. :( There's still some great Jazz to be hear, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment