Saturday, August 1, 2009

Off to see the wizard...

I've been a busy girl.

We've spent the past couple of months getting ready for a big, big move. We left the NYC Metro area on July 18th and arrived in the rural heartland of the U.S. 3 days later. It's taken a lot of adjustment....

I still can't wrap my head around how rural things are. We toured the countryside near our home several days ago, and were blown away by the views. What was jumbled highways filled with traffic, never ending suburban sprawl, and forest areas made specifically so that nature wasn't lost in the path of urbanization were all replaced with cornfields, gorgeous old farmhouses and wide open spaces. As far as the eye could see! The air is clean, Farms are everywhere - and to that effect, a huge farmer's market in town!

I do miss the NYC Metro. The food, the culture, the ocean, the shopping (of course!)...and did I mention the food? However, the life we're creating here is so much more substantial. For once, I can leave the back door open, and my my children & dogs can run around freely in the backyard and play as they should. I have visions of jam making and apple picking. Hay rides and farmers markets..... Life is simpler. Life is peaceful. It's everything I never knew I wanted growing up.

I've come full circle now. From growing up in the rural South, to living in Europe, followed by NYC Metro....and now, finally, back to the Country, where it all began.

Life is good. ....It sure is great to be "home."

No comments:

Post a Comment